Internet activity itself has not slowed down. In the number of users and the number of sites have maintained steady growth. The changes that have taken place over the past four years are the market share of network traffic. Google, Facebook now directly affects more than 70% of network traffic. Mobile Internet traffic is now the bulk of the world's traffic, only in Latin America, Google, Facebook services in 2015 accounted for 60% of mobile traffic, by the end of 2016 to 70%. The remaining 30% of traffic is shared between all other mobile apps and sites. Mobile devices are primarily used to access Google, Facebook networks.
Web site access to traffic also shows Google, Facebook is in the Internet advantage does not belong to Google, Facebook and the most popular online media resources are usually from the media. For example, there are six media sites in the top ten sites in the United States, and Brazil has six media sites in the top ten. Where does the media site get traffic? By 2014, search engine optimization (SEO) was a common practice for Web developers to improve Google search sites because it accounted for about 35 percent of traffic and more than 50 percent of traffic came from other places on the web. In 2014-2016, Facebook traffic grew by about 45%, more than the search traffic. In 2017, the media was completely dependent on Google and Facebook for web browsing, because they are the channel for most traffic.