Recently, Forrester, an internationally renowned research organization, released The Forrester Wave: Full-StackPublic Cloud Development Platforms In China, Q3 2018 (2018 China Full Stack Public Cloud Development Platform Wave Report). The report is an analyst's comprehensive assessment of the 12 most representative 12 vendors in the Chinese market through 33 criteria in three dimensions.
Recently, Forrester, an internationally renowned research organization, released The Forrester Wave: Full-StackPublic Cloud Development Platforms In China, Q3 2018 (2018 China Full Stack Public Cloud Platform Wave Report). The report is an analyst's comprehensive assessment of the 12 most representative 12 vendors in the Chinese market through 33 criteria in three dimensions.
The 12 vendors are:
Amazon Web Services (Aws)
Ping An Technology
Cloud vendors seem to pay considerable attention to the results of this survey (of course, this is a result of someone who likes someone to marry).
Forrester points out that cloud platforms have become the foundation for Chinese companies' CIOs, CTOs and other decision makers to embrace emerging technologies and accelerate value delivery, while cloud-based big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence services play a key role throughout the customer lifecycle. At the infrastructure level, nearly two-thirds of China's purchase influencers plan to deploy networks, storage and resources on 2018 public cloud platforms. At the development and platform level, approximately two-thirds of the influencers will use public clouds to implement big data, software development tools and platforms, security and business intelligence and analytics. In all areas, more people plan to use the public cloud as a service base in 2018 compared to 2017.
Why are 12 vendors selected by Forrester?
It can be seen that the selected public cloud vendors are basically in the head position of the cloud computing field, similar to Tianyi Cloud, Mobile Cloud, Woyun, Ziguangyun, Shuguangyun, Inspur Cloud, Suning Cloud, Netsuyun, Qiu Niuyun, etc. None of them have appeared, perhaps based on different considerations. According to the report, the survey is based on three dimensions: product, strategy, and market. Through 33 sub-divisions and feedback from customer interviews, the overall scores and quadrant positions of each vendor are finally obtained. The roles are divided into four categories: Challengers, Contenders, Strong Performers, and Leaders.
Ordinate ——product, abscissa——strategy,circle volume——market
The following is a comprehensive arrangement based on the actual progress of each cloud platform:
· regardless of product, strategy or market share, it is the well-deserved "leader" in the quadrant. In fact, Alibaba Cloud has surpassed Google for two consecutive years, ranking the top three in the world, and together with AWS and AZURE accounted for 70% of the global public cloud market. In recent days, Siemens and Alibaba Cloud signed a memorandum, and Siemens' MindSphere will be deployed on Alibaba Cloud. The two sides will jointly develop the market and cultivate the industrial Internet ecosystem. In addition, Alibaba Cloud's ability in big data and Internet of Things, AI is also the head of the industry, and the future industrial structure is very impressive.
· The cloud ranked second among Chinese manufacturers with a comprehensive score of 3.76 points and became one of the leaders of this evaluation. In the “StrongerStrategy” dimension, it ranks second in all vendors; and in “local availability”, “price strategy”, “partnership ecology”, “cloud market and community”, “&” The Hybrid Cloud Strategy "Revenue Growth"> The evaluation of the six subdivision criteria scored the highest score in the review. As a new leader in 2018, Tencent Cloud's business has achieved substantial and stable development after years of hard work. The annual growth rate of its business has exceeded 200%, and its business income continues to rank second in the Chinese market, already in 25 geographical regions. It operates 45 Availability Zones. It is worth mentioning that Tencent Cloud is “for the first time” to enter the Chinese public cloud market leader camp, and has the three core competencies necessary to become a global business: the ability to operate local businesses in key global regions, Scaled operational capabilities and the ability to provide multiple product choices to address business challenges.
· Huawei Cloud is recognized by Forrester. Forrester's evaluation of support services, Forrester gave Huawei the highest score of 5 points. Forrester believes that with Huawei's years of experience in serving the enterprise market, Huawei Cloud has a complete service system for enterprise customers. With a global network of service outlets, Huawei Cloud has a strong online and offline service team to provide customers with better ground personal services. Up to now, Huawei Cloud has launched more than 120 cloud services and 60+ solutions in 16 categories. Moreover, according to the latest data, Huawei cloud revenue increased by 700% year-on-year. In the first half of 2018, the cloud market added 872 new shelves, and the core data and value data of many government and enterprise customers moved to Huawei Cloud with peace of mind. Within Huawei, Huawei's cloud strategy will also shift its focus to prepare for 5G.
· Jinshan Cloud, as a domestic cloud computing head player, has maintained rapid growth since its establishment in 2012. It is one of the first cloud computing vendors to witness and support the rapid growth of China's Internet industry, and has become a leader in the cloud and game cloud industry. According to IDC's survey of China's public cloud IaaS market share in the first half of 2017, Jinshan Cloud ranked third with a market share of 6.5%. At present, Jinshan Cloud is accelerating its pace of expansion in the fields of finance, government affairs, medical care and manufacturing.
· Baidu Cloud entered the Forrester Wave Strong Performer quadrant for the first time due to its significant growth in both revenue growth and market share. In the past two years, Baidu Cloud has a promising performance in the public cloud development platform market based on the extensive layout of its ABC Trinity strategy in emerging technologies. At the just-concluded Baidu AI Developer Conference, Zhang Yaqin said that Baidu Cloud is the carrier and source of Baidu's artificial intelligence strategy, and also the cloud of Baidu's brain. The goal of Baidu Cloud is to be the smartest cloud and the most intelligent. Cloud, the cloud that helps customers solve problems. Compared with 2016, Baidu Cloud's number of customers increased by 10 times last year, traffic increased by 8 times, and revenue reached 4 times that of 2016.
· Qingyun QingCloud has built a full-mode cloud capability since its inception in 2012, targeting the enterprise-class market and launching public, private, hybrid and managed cloud services. In addition to the cloud platform product line, the enterprise-level cloud mode ICT product line, such as the Qingcuo Qing3 hyper-converged system, the QingStor software-defined storage product line, infrastructure and backbone network services, is launched to realize the full-stack cloud ICT service capability layout. QingCloud has grown from a founding team of 3 people to a company of nearly 400 people. The strong R&D team and R&D strength have become an important symbol of QingCloud's leading position in the industry. Soon after July 27, QingCloud will proceed
· Jing Dongyun was highly valued by Liu Qiangdong. In the 9 months since the original Microsoft Asia Pacific Technology Chairman Shen Yuanqing took over Jingdong Cloud, Jingdong Cloud has stably and safely supported Jingdong Mall, Jingdong Logistics, Jingdong Finance and other businesses. After several times, 618 and 11.11 e-commerce companies have suddenly increased the pressure of sudden trading. Since its official opening to the outside world in 2016, it has accumulated a certain amount of experience in technology accumulation and service providers, and has gradually transformed from cloud computing development practice to service empowerment. Recently, Jingdong Cloud and Jingdong Finance jointly invested in Boyun, which is the biggest financing in the domestic container technology, PaaS and automated operation and maintenance fields. It is also the largest domestic container company. In financing, Jingdong Cloud obtained the board of directors of Boyun Company. On the “strategy” axis, Jingdong Cloud does have a slight advantage.
· Ping An Cloud has risen to an unprecedented height with the Ping An Group's strategic deepening of “Technology + Finance, Finance + Ecology”. Ping Anyun was born in the context of Ping An Group's Internet strategic transformation and deep innovation platform. It has covered more than 95% of Ping An Group's business companies, supporting 80% of its business systems and extending to financial, medical and smart cities. External customers, reaching hundreds of millions of users, have a comprehensive product ecosystem of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. According to the latest data, users of Ping An Cloud Ecology include: 1800+ financial and quasi-financial institutions, 200+ cities covered by credit accounts, 2300+ hospitals covered by medical insurance, 42,000+ medical institutions covered by clinics .
· NetEase Cloud entered the market with the rapid expansion and good foundation of the Chinese market in the past two years. This is Netease's first entry into the Forrester report. According to public information, as of the end of 2017, NetEase Cloud has served 400,000 corporate customers in the Chinese market, including many Fortune 500 companies, including Wanxiang Group, Geely Automobile, Watsons, Fucong Finance, New Oriental, China Life and other customers. . NetEase Cloud first proposed the service mode of “Scene Cloud Service” and “Dedicated Cloud” in the industry. It has launched cloud computing basic services, communication and video (cloud), cloud security (Easy Shield), and cloud customer service ( Seven fish), Netease big data, exclusive cloud and other products, as well as comprehensive education, finance, e-commerce and other comprehensive solutions.
· UCloud recently won the E-round investment of China Mobile Investment Corporation, which is a new round of financing after UCloud received the RMB 960 million investment from Yuanhe Chongyuan and Zhongjin Jiazi in March 2017. According to CEO Ji Yuhua, the two sides will achieve comprehensive strategic cooperation in resources, ecology, technology, products and investment to jointly build a leading international cloud in China, and the reason why they can win the favor of China Mobile Investment Corporation is mainly due to the long-term relationship between the two parties. Cooperation and trust. UCloud adheres to neutrality and does not engage in the customer business field. In the past five years, it has won five rounds of financing, and its future strength should not be underestimated.
· AWS has the highest share of the global market, with annual revenues of $12.221 billion and a market share of over 54%. However, as a platform for operation in China, its market share is slightly insufficient (Note: Domestic operation is operated by Halo New Network). Halo New Network obtained a cloud service license at the end of 2017. Earlier it announced that it agreed to purchase Amazon-specific business-specific assets at a price of no more than RMB 2 billion, which was interpreted at the time as “AWS” The landing of China”. Some investors in the market are still worried about the impact of the trade war on the cooperation between Halo and Amazon, and there are great concerns about the future development of the optical cloud business. But for AWS, the choice of new partners will bring high costs, so AWS will be very cautious and the cooperation between the two parties will continue.
· Microsoft recently announced the launch of two new Azure regions in Beijing and Shanghai, and with the help of “Century Internet”, Microsoft will complement the existing two districts with the existing two districts. As China's first international cloud service provider, Microsoft launched its first region in China in 2014. Its business is growing rapidly, and it is clear that there is a significant demand for Microsoft cloud services in the Chinese market. There is no doubt that many of Microsoft's customers in China are other multinational companies that have previously bet on cloud strategies through Azure. These companies include Adobe, Cooke, Costco, Daimler, Ford, Nuance, P&G, Toyota and BMW. . In June 2018, Microsoft also announced that Azure IoT Edge has been fully launched, and perhaps a share of the edge computing business.
Climate change, the recipient needs to be judged cautiously
According to the general logic, it appears in the list of international authoritative research organizations, which means that in the domestic rankings, this logic is obviously flawed, because this is a part of the list of subjective willingness of international research institutions, based on the results of the interviews. It does not represent an absolute ranking. Even if basic public cloud vendors have emerged, they should never be self-proclaimed tools.
Cloud computing belongs to the heavy capital industry and focuses on the scale effect. Therefore, this field is not suitable for small companies to start businesses. Some medium-sized cloud computing companies are already on the verge of seeking survival and financing. The interest in capital is falling and shrinking, and the strategic investment of big brands makes the industry climate very severe. The US group has temporarily withdrawn, and recently entered the big players such as Ziguangyun and Xinhua. They rely on big trees, brand support, and a large number of government and enterprise customers. They have more strength than cloud computing.
In addition, the network giants are now intensive competition for data center construction, these are their own huge capital, it is no wonder that John Dinsdale, principal analyst of Synergy Research Group, is amazed that each quarter of billions of dollars in data center construction capital is generally enterprise Can't afford it &&quo;—— This is the gap that must not be ignored.
Perhaps, in the second half of 2018, the cloud computing market will still have a sudden rise. The process of big waves and sand washing will continue. With the support of 5G, AI, IoT, and edge computing, the emergence of cloud computing leaders and challengers will continue to show up.