First of all, the user is in the ___________WindowsVersion 1809 downloads and installs the latest cumulative update KB4497934. After installing the cumulative update, a new module will be added to the Windows Update page, as shown in the following figure:
You can now follow the following steps to get the May 2019 update:
1. Open Settings
2. Click "Check Updates"
3. Select "Download and Install Now".
If your PC can't get updates through traditional Windows Update mode, you can also use the Update Assistant Tool to force downloads.
1. Open Microsoft's Update Assistant page from here.
2. Click Update Now.
3. Download tools about 6MB in size
4. Open Update Assistant, which will run compatibility scanning
5. If it says everything is OK, click the next button to continue.
6. Start downloading programs
After the download is completed, you will restart the PC and the tool will automatically execute the upgrade program. It's worth noting that your PC will reboot several times at this stage, and the whole upgrade process may take 30 minutes. All files and settings will be retained after the upgrade.
in additionMicrosoftEda Creation Tool upgrades support May 2019, which allows users to create USB devices with Windows 10 installers or upgrade your computer directly. Users can upgrade their PCs directly without using the Media Creation Tool on a USB device. The steps are as follows:
1. Visit Microsoft's Media Creation page from here.
2. Under Create Windows 10 Installation Media, click Download Tools Now.
3. Run Media Creation Tool version 1903.
4. Read and agree to the licensing agreement
5. Select the option indicating that the current PC will be upgraded.
6. Make sure that "Keep Personal Files and Application Options" is selected. Otherwise, your files, applications and settings will be deleted.
7. Click Install to download and install the update.
After performing the above steps, the Media Creation Tool will start downloading updates. Once downloaded, the tool will automatically perform the installation process. Users can still use the device when the MediaCreation Tool is running in the background, but they need to pay attention to the preservation of data. The entire upgrade process will be restarted several times. When finished, your device will be ready to run the latest version of Windows 10.