The main updates of Windows 10 Build 18945 are as follows
Introducing a new Cortana experience for Windows 10 systems
Microsoft is inviting Windows Insider users in the US to test the new Cortana Beta app. This new experience will feature a chat-conversational user interface that will allow you to communicate more naturally with Cortana.
The new version of Cortana Beta supports most of the features already on Windows, such as Bing Answers, Assistant conversations, opening apps, managing lists, setting reminders, alarms, and countdowns. In addition, Microsoft has added some new features that Microsoft believes people will like:
● Cortana now supports both Light and Dark themes in Windows
● Microsoft has created a new, less intrusive screen for the Hey Cortana query, so you can keep it flowing at work.
● Microsoft has updated Cortana with new voice and language models and has significantly improved performance - making it faster and more reliable than ever.
Not all features of the previous Cortana experience are available. As a beta, Microsoft plans to add more features over time and quickly update Cortana through the Microsoft Store.
To get started, select the Cortana icon on the taskbar next to the search box. You can also take advantage of the speed and convenience of speech and improved speech recognition by simply saying “Hey Cortana”*. You may need to sign in with your own account to get started.
Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) improvements:
Added WSL 2 Linux application and global WSL configuration options to connect to Windows via localhost. You can now connect to the WSL 2 Linux web application using localhost. For example, the following image shows launching NodeJS in the WSL 2 release.serverThen connect to it using localhost in the Edge Browser.
In addition, Microsoft has added global configuration options for WSL. These options will apply to each of your WSL releases. This also allows you to specify with WSL 2virtual machine(VM) related options, as all WSL 2 releases run within the same VM. The most exciting option for accessing in this release is that you can specify a custom Linux kernel.
For full details on the new features in this release, check out the new WSL features in Insiders Preview Build 18945 on the Windows command line blog.
The Narrator feature provides a more effective reading experience when reading messages in Outlook or Windows Mail. When you open the message, the scan mode will open automatically. This allows the user to use their arrow keys to read messages other than all other scan mode hot keys to skip the message text.
Emails such as newsletters and marketing content are often formatted using tables to visually represent the appearance of the message. For screen reader users, this information is not required when reading messages.
Narrator can now identify some of these situations and will delete information about the form so you can quickly browse the text contained in the message. This makes it more efficient to read these types of emails.
● When an Outlook message is opened in scan mode, the cursor may not be moved to the last read position because the Narrator will automatically read it.
● The narrator will start reading when replying to the email. Press the control key and move to the top of the message to compose a reply.
Narrator's Outlook folder reading has been enhanced to get the best classification experience
When you read an email in Outlook (such as your inbox), Narrator can now read the information more efficiently. Each line of elements reads the current state of the email, such as unread, forwarded, etc., followed by other elements such as sender, subject, and so on. Forward and so on.
Column headings will be muted, columns with no data or with default values (expected values) will be muted, such as normal importance or unmarked. In Outlook, you can reopen the title by pressing Narrator + H, which will turn their readings on and off.
Text cursor indicator
Have you ever encountered a lot of text during the presentation oreducationCan't find the text cursor on the screen in the environment? A new text cursor indicator will help you view and find text cursors anytime, anywhere!
Choose from a range of sizes for the text cursor indicator to make it easier to see. Or, personalize the color of the text cursor indicator to your liking. In the Easy Access settings, open a new text cursor page, open the text cursor indicator, and never lose the text cursor!
● The text cursor indicator color and size may not be preserved when you log in. To fix this, simply turn off and turn on the Use Text Cursor Indicator setting again.
● Occasionally, you may see the text cursor indicator stay on the screen or reappear after the application closes or the page content scrolls.
Promote the upgraded file manager search feature for all Insider members
In the next few days, the new File Explorer search experience will be rolled out to all Insiders in the Fast ring.
General adjustments, improvements, and fixes
● Fixed an issue where some Insider users failed to install due to compatibility issues with the storage drivers on the device. The error code is c1900101.
● Fixed several issues fixed during the installation of the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 release to improve reliability
● Microsoft is extending Windows Defender ATP functionality beyond the Windows operating system, so it was renamed Microsoft Defender to reflect our endpoint security cross-platform approach.
● Fixed an issue where "Settings may crash" if you select "Activate" under "Updates and Security".
● Fixed an issue where if your network connection is accidentally disconnected, the Miracast banner will now have a close button for you to use when needed.
● Microsoft fixed the following issue: If you double-click the text, the Task Manager Performance tab will not expand from the collapsed state.
● Fixed the "Details" tab of the updated Task Manager, so if you right-click on a process, "Provide Feedback" will now be after "End Task" and "End Process Tree" (not between ) listed.
● Fixed an issue where the network icon in the taskbar might show no internet, even if there is a connection.
● Fixed an issue that affected the reliability of Windows Hello in recent releases.
● Fixed an issue where it would not apply if you manually update the settings in the DNS server settings.
● Fixed an issue that caused the mobile hotspot to close unexpectedly when enabled in the first two versions
● Fixed an issue that could cause the system to hang after recovering from hibernation
● Fixed an issue where Microsoft tried to fix an error in the Event Viewer when viewing or creating a custom view. "MMC detected an error in the snap-in and uninstalled it."
● There are still compatibility issues with some games that use the old anti-cheat software. Users may crash after the update to 19H1. Microsoft is working with partners to update the software with fixes, and most games have been patched to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the possibility of encountering this issue, make sure you are running the latest version of the game before attempting to update your operating system.
● Some Realtek SD card readers do not work properly. Microsoft is investigating this issue.
● After updating to this version, you can turn off Tamper Protection in Windows Security. You can reopen it. In August, tamper protection will be turned on by default for all insiders.
● Sometimes, the candidate selection in the prediction candidate window of the Japanese IME does not match the composition string. Microsoft is investigating this issue.
● Insider may notice some changes to the magnifier functionality that are not yet ready for testing, but will be upgraded in future release updates.
Your Phone app--extends support for Phone ScreenMobile phonemodel
Microsoft is continuing to expand its support for the Phone Screen feature. Today, Microsoft is pleased to announce the functional availability of these devices:
● Samsung Galaxy A7
● Samsung Galaxy A9
● Samsung Galaxy A10
● Samsung Galaxy A20
● Samsung Galaxy A30
● Samsung Galaxy A50
● Samsung Galaxy A70
● Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
If you have these devices, try Phone Screen and provide feedback to Microsoft. Microsoft will continue to expand this list of devices in the future.