"The U.S. ban on tiktok may take tiktok off the shelves in apple and Google's app stores and ban advertising on the app."After US President trump signed an executive order banning tiktok from providing services in the United States on Thursday, Reuters said the executive order may prevent U.S. app stores from providing tiktok short video applications and make advertising on the platform illegal, according to a white house document.
Original title: Foreign media revelations White House document: The U.S. embargo may allowAppleAnd Google "off the shelf" tiktok, and can not put advertising
But according to the White House document quoted by Reuters on the 12th, the U.S. government is considering cracking down on key aspects of tiktok's operations and funding. According to the document, "prohibited transactions may include, for example, the provision of the tiktok application protocol on the app store Advertise on tiktok and accept the terms of service for downloading the tiktok application to the user's device. " A kind of
On the authenticity of the White House document, Reuters said a source familiar with the documents confirmed it. But tiktok did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Also, in response to the possible impact of the move, Reuters quoted technical industry experts as saying it could seriously undermine TikTok future development. "This will kill TikTok. in the United States ," the report quoted James Lewis (James Lewis), a cyber security expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies If they want to develop, these rules are a huge obstacle ." But he added that the U.S. government may not be able to stop Americans from downloading TikTok. from foreign websites
However, according to the White House document, it is unclear whether the United States will impose a similar crackdown on WeChat (WeChat), a social media app owned by China's Tencent Holdings Ltd., Trump also tried to ban WeChat in last week's executive order, Reuters reported.
After Trump signed the executive order last week, TikTok parent company byte beat later said in a statement to the Global Times-Global Network that the latest executive order issued by the US president did not follow due process of law and was shocked. Byte beat reiterated in the statement that TikTok had never shared user data with the Chinese government and had never reviewed the content at its request, saying the U.S. government could not be treated fairly and would resort to U.S. courts.
In addition, the US National Public Radio (NPR) 8 quoted people familiar with the matter as saying that tiktok plans to file a federal lawsuit against the trump government as soon as 11. The lawsuit will go to the Federal District Court for the Southern District of California, where tiktok's U.S. operations are based. According to the report, tiktok will accuse trump of directly signing the executive order in the lawsuit, which is suspected of violating the U.S. Constitution, that the accusation of tiktok in the executive order is groundless, and trump has overstepped his power.
At a regular press conference on Aug .10, Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said in response to related issues, China firmly opposes the US side's violation of market principles and WTO rules, generalizing the concept of national security, abusing state power, and unreasonably suppressing TikTok and other non-US enterprises. This naked bullying and political manipulation has long been recognized by the United States and the international community, and has been condemned by all circles, which is what they deserve. We urge the United States to correct hysterical mistakes, abide by market principles and WTO rules, and stop unreasonable repression and discriminatory restrictions on enterprises.