Home > News content

Sony and Lenovo join hands to build ThinkPad with sorplas sustainable recycled plastics

via:索尼新闻稿     time:2021/1/19 18:08:13     readed:86

A few days ago, Sony (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd. signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Lenovo commercial products group to develop a high-performance recyclable plastic sorplas ™ It will be used in more and more ThinkPad products.

Sony is the first enterprise in the world to put forward the long-term environmental goal of "road to zero", aiming to achieve zero environmental load in the whole life cycle of the company's operation and product production by 2050. Facing the ultimate goal of zero load, Sony has set up a number of five-year green management plans to formulate clear digital indicators from the four aspects of climate change, resource recycling, chemicals and biodiversity. In September 2020, Sony Group officially released the new medium-term environmental goal of "green management 2025".

This time, Sony and Lenovo cooperate to use sorplas ™ Sustainable recycled plastic is a kind of high-performance recyclable plastic. It is a cutting-edge product in the field of plastic recycling. It has excellent durability and heat resistance, and the highest percentage of recycled plastic can reach 99%. At present, for the more common recycled plastics in the market, the proportion of recycled plastics used in the processing process is generally about 30%, and most of the remaining 70% are newly produced plastics and additives. If the proportion of recycled plastics is further increased, the performance of materials will become worse. In other words, the "recycling" level of recycled plastics, which is more common in the market, is about 30%.

Lenovo, as a leading technology company in the global PC market and supercomputer market share, has formulated strict sustainable development strategies, from standardized "green management" to "green technology" widely used in production, from "green products" to "green activities" all over the world, and constantly makes practical actions to protect human living environment. Since 2018, all ThinkPad computer motherboards have used low-temperature solder paste (LTS) to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and continue to promote in memory and other components; since 2005, Lenovo has recycled more than 110 million kg of plastic materials. At present, all Lenovo's commercial PC products have contained recycled plastics, including ThinkPad x1, tianium, X12 and x1 More than 10% of recycled plastics are contained in yoga 5th and other products.

Sony and Lenovo have reached cooperation in the high-end application field of high-quality recycled plastic materials. In the future, they will better deal with the environmental problems caused by plastics, reduce the waste of energy and resources, and make plastics more sustainable to serve human life.

China IT News APP

Download China IT News APP

Please rate this news

The average score will be displayed after you score.

Post comment

Do not see clearly? Click for a new code.

User comments