Home > News content

How hard is Intel trying to attract talent? The average offer is 900,000 yuan a year

via:凤凰网     time:2022/6/23 13:01:42     readed:46

How good is it to be a worker in an Intel chip factory? The average annual salary is 900,000 yuan

In the semiconductor industry, the battle for talent has been white hot, especially in recent years there are a large number of chip factory investment at home and abroad, Intel announced at the beginning of this year in Ohio, the United States to invest 20 billion dollars to build two semiconductor factories, a large number of technology factories, the annual salary reached an average of more than 900,000.

According to Intel, the two plants will be named Fab 52 and 62, respectively, and it was revealed for the first time that they will mass-produce the 20A process in 2024.

The investment program is expected to create more than 3,000 highly skilled, high-paying permanent jobs, as well as more than 3,000 construction jobs and approximately 15,000 permanent local jobs.

What exactly are the positions of the 3,000-plus employees? Cindi Harper, vice president of talent planning and recruiting at Intel, gave a clear statement in an interview recently.

Of those 3,000 employees,70% are production skilled workers, usually with a 2-year degree in STEAM,Twenty-five percent of employees are engineers, half of whom have a bachelor's degree, 35 percent have a master's degree, and 5 percent require a doctorate.

These technical people account for 95% of the market, with the remaining 5% going to sales, marketing, finance and human resources.

Intel is also offering very attractive salaries to attract semiconductor talent,The average annual salary is a whopping $135,000,That's more than twice the average annual salary in the United States, which is very high even in Silicon Valley.

在Intel芯片工厂当打工人有多好?年薪平均90万元

translate engine: Youdao

China IT News APP

Download China IT News APP

Please rate this news

The average score will be displayed after you score.

Post comment

Do not see clearly? Click for a new code.

User comments